13 Feb 2012
- 2 cups flour (I use ½ white, ½ wheat)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar (raw cane sugar)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil (coconut is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, beat together eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, beat well.
- Pour batter into a 9 X 13 baking dish, coated with nonstick vegetable spray
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely in pan before serving.
Karen is an experienced RN and natural health care consultant. She enjoys riding her horse, reading, or playing in the park with the kids. She lives in the Boise area with her husband and three adorable children.