09 Feb 2012
- 2 cups flour ( I use 1 cup unbleached white and 1 cup wheat)
- ½ cup sugar (I use raw or turbinado sugar)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen berries (raspberries or blueberries)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Almond milk (regular milk or sour cream would also work)
- ½ cup oil (I use coconut oil, melted)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt; add berries and toss gently.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Stir dry into wet ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes.
- Toothpick will come out clean from center when done.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
*Do not thaw berries out if frozen
Karen is an experienced RN and natural health care consultant. She enjoys riding her horse, reading, or playing in the park with the kids. She lives in the Boise area with her husband and three adorable children.